We strive for no less than excellence in all we do.
- For every person, protection and service
- For every circumstance, fairness, respect, and understanding
- For every accomplishment, gratitude and opportunity
- For every endeavor, teamwork, and professionalism
- For every day, integrity, efficiency, and the Golden Rule (akm - 1996)
The Fountain Inn Police Department consist of 26 sworn/certified officers, 7 Communication Specialists and 2 Administrative Staff. We are fortunate to have volunteers in policing (VIP's). The men and women who proudly serve this community are well trained and committed to excellence. We are continuously seeking ways to improve the service(s) we provide.
During 2010 we established and trained a 7 member Citizen's review Committee (CRC). This committee's creation was partially in response to a perception that officers were targeting certain groups of residents unfairly. In our pursuit of not only excellence but transparency, we were eager to possess a forum to demonstrate this perception as incorrect. The CRC's function was originally to review all complaints made against employees, but their duties were expanded to include their review of "Use of Force" incidents as well.
If you are interested in obtaining a Fountain Inn Police Department patch, please email your request to Roberta Perry. We will mail a patch to you at the cost of $5 for the mailings inside the Continental United States and $10 for international mailing. Please make your cashiers check out to:
Fountain Inn Police Department
300 N Main Street
Fountain Inn, SC 29644
- A. Keith Morton Award: Detective James Paris
- Dispatcher of the Year: Mary Berry
- Officer of the Year: Officer Eva Kantzios
If you see or hear of something good done by one of our staff, feel free to Compliment a Cop!